THE CAMP YELLOW DOG DIFFERENCE
- Group care is not right for every dog. Please read this article to help determine if it's right for your dog. We are here to listen, answer your questions, and guide you through the process of finding the appropriate care for your dog. No judgement. We want the best for every dog and will do whatever we can to work with you to that end.
- Our unique Camp program gives your dog a fun-filled day without over-exertion. We alternate playtime and rest time; reducing stress while providing the appropriate amount of mental and physical exercise.
- Daily adventure hikes are included whether your dog is here for daycamp or boarding. We provide private walks for dogs not able to hike due to age or mobility issues. Dogs are also welcome to just relax and enjoy exploring our fully fenced 2 acre property.
- There are no additional costs for giving your Camper the medications they require.
- Keeping our numbers small allows us the flexibility to arrange drop off and pick up times on an individual basis. Let us know what works for you and we will do our very best to accommodate.
- Fewer dogs means we have time throughout the day to practice manners and basic cues with your dog. If you're working on anything in particular please let us know. If you're working with a trainer we're happy to speak with them too. We understand the importance of consistency.
- Camp Yellow Dog is our home - your dog will spend the day with us and will only be in their suite during rest periods, at meal time, and overnight. Suites are monitored when occupied.
We are at capacity and will not be enrolling new Campers for the remainder of 2023. If you would like to be notified when we resume our Tour and Assessment Visits, please complete the form on our CONTACT & HOURS page.
All dogs must participate in an assessment visit prior to attending Camp.
Assessment Visits are 3 hours in length. This gives us the opportunity to get to know your dog and observe their behaviour in a controlled setting, while giving your dog time to become familiar with us. It's also important for us to see how your dog responds in your absence.
If your dog will be boarding with us and has not attended daycamp at Camp Yellow Dog, a trial night may be required.
FEAR FREE NAIL TRIMS
Having your dog's nails trimmed regularly is important for several reasons. Nails that are too long can:
We will work with your dog to ensure nail trims are a happy, pain free experience. This takes time, patience, confidence, the proper tools, and lots of positive reinforcement.
Daycamp is fully booked and we have a lengthy waiting list.
We will no longer be offering this service to new clients.
A regular day includes a mountain adventure hike, walks for dogs with limited mobility, swimming on warmer days, structured play, enrichment games, basic manners, rest periods, and plenty of love.
All dogs must come for an Assessment Visit prior to their first stay.
Daycamp is by appointment and available 8am-5pm Monday - Thursday.
SLEEP AWAY CAMP
We are at capacity and will not be enrolling new Campers for the remainder of 2023. If you would like to be notified when we resume our Tour and Assessment Visits please complete the form on our CONTACT & HOURS page.
All the same fun activities as daycamp, plus a sleepover!
All dogs must participate in an Assessment Visit prior to their first stay. If your dog will be boarding with us and has not attended daycamp, a trial night may be required. Dogs staying in our home must be cat friendly.
IN OUR HOME
PARTIAL BOARDING DAYS
No pick up or drop off on Saturdays, Christmas Day or New Year's Day - no exceptions.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATIONS
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required when booking overnight care.
We accept payment for all services, in cash or via e-transfer
No shows and cancellations made fewer than 24 hours in advance
will be charged our full rate.
SLEEPAWAY CAMP CANCELLATIONS
Changes to drop off or pick up dates and/or times made fewer than
7 days in advance will be invoiced according to the original reservation.
If you need to cancel your dog's reservation we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can accommodate other clients.