THE CAMP YELLOW DOG DIFFERENCE
- Group care is not right for every dog. Please read this article to help determine if it's right for your dog. We are here to listen, answer your questions, and guide you through the process of finding the appropriate care for your dog. No judgement. We want the best for every dog and will do whatever we can to work with you to that end.
- Our unique Camp program gives your dog a fun-filled day without over-exertion. We alternate playtime and rest time; reducing stress while providing the appropriate amount of mental and physical exercise.
- We care for a maximum of 10 Campers at one time to ensure quality care.
- Daily adventure hikes are included whether your dog is here for daycamp or boarding. We provide private walks for dogs not able to hike due to age or mobility. Dogs are also welcome to just relax and enjoy exploring our fully fenced 2 acre property.
- We charge per 24 hours for boarding. No need to worry about being charged a full day on drop off and pick up days.
- There are no additional costs for giving your Camper the medications they require.
- Keeping our numbers small allows us the flexibility to arrange drop off and pick up times on an individual basis. Let us know what works for you and we will do our very best to accommodate.
- Fewer dogs means we have time throughout the day to practice manners and basic cues with your dog. If you're working on anything in particular please let us know. If you're working with a trainer we're happy to speak with them too. We understand the importance of consistency.
- Happy dogs gets dirty; with your permission we'll bathe and brush your camper prior to pick up. This service is available at no cost for dogs who stay with us for 7 or more nights. Don't worry though, if your dog believes "more mud = more fun" they will be returned clean no matter how long their stay.
- Camp Yellow Dog is our home - your dog will spend all day with us and will only be in their suite during rest periods, at meal time, and overnight. Suites are monitored whenever they are occupied.
- Dogs who stay in our home are with us 24 hours a day, weather permitting. If it's too warm, or they prefer to stay home and relax, dogs may be left for a maximum of 4 hours as we run errands or attend appointments.
- We post regular Camp updates on Instagram and Facebook. Need a little more contact? Please let us know when you make your reservation.
- We set up a personal photo album for every Camper; all photos are stored there for guardians to access, and share, anytime.
All dogs must participate in an assessment visit prior to enrolling in daycamp or coming to stay overnight.
Assessment Visits are 3 hours in length. This gives us the opportunity to get to know your dog and observe their behaviour in a controlled setting, while giving your dog time to become familiar with us. It's also important for us to see how your dog responds in your absence.
If your dog will be boarding with us and has not attended daycamp at Camp Yellow Dog, a trial night may be required.
Please schedule an assessment visit in advance as we have limited space available.
FEAR FREE NAIL TRIMS
Having your dog's nails trimmed regularly is important for several reasons. Nails that are too long can:
We will work with your dog to ensure nail trims are a happy, pain free experience. This takes time, patience, confidence, the proper tools, and lots of positive reinforcement.
Daycamp is fully booked and we are not enrolling new Campers at this time. To be added to our waiting list please fill out the form on our Contact page.
We provide care for a maximum of 10 dogs at one time.
A regular day includes a minimum 2 hour adventure hike, walks, swimming, structured play, enrichment games, basic manners, love, and "down time."
All dogs must come for an Assessment Visit prior to their first stay.
Daycamp is by appointment and available 8am-5pm weekdays.
SLEEP AWAY CAMP
We are not enrolling new Campers at this time. For more information and to be added to our waiting list, please fill out the form on our Contact page.
All the same fun activities as daycamp, plus a sleepover!
All dogs must participate in an Assessment Visit prior to their first stay.
If your dog will be boarding with us and has not attended daycamp, a
trial night may be required. Dogs staying in our home must be cat friendly.
IN OUR HOME
PARTIAL BOARDING DAYS
No pick up or drop off on Saturdays, Christmas Day or New Year's Day - no exceptions.
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required when booking overnight care.
We accept payment for all services, in cash or via e-transfer
No shows and cancellations made fewer than 24 hours in advance will be charged our full rate.
SLEEPAWAY CAMP CANCELLATIONS
If you need to cancel your dog's reservation we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can accommodate other clients.