THE CAMP YELLOW DOG DIFFERENCE
- Group care is not right for every dog. Please read this article to help determine if it's right for your dog. We are here to listen, answer your questions, and guide you through the process of finding the appropriate care for your dog. No judgement. We want the best for every dog and will do whatever we can to work with you to that end.
- Our unique Camp program gives your dog a fun-filled day without over-exertion. We alternate playtime and rest time; reducing stress while providing the appropriate amount of mental and physical exercise.
- Daily adventure hikes are included. We provide private walks for dogs not able to hike due to age or mobility issues. Dogs are also welcome to just relax and enjoy exploring our fully fenced 2 acre property.
- There are no additional costs for giving your Camper the medications they require.
- Keeping our numbers small allows us the flexibility to arrange drop off and pick up times on an individual basis. Let us know what works for you and we will do our very best to accommodate.
- Fewer dogs means we have time throughout the day to practice manners and basic cues with your dog. If you're working on anything in particular please let us know. If you're working with a trainer we're happy to speak with them too. We understand the importance of consistency.
- Camp Yellow Dog is our home - your dog will spend the day with us and will only be in their suite during rest periods, at meal time, and overnight. Suites are monitored when occupied.
All of our services are full at this time. If you are already on our waiting list, we will be in touch when we resume our Tour and Assessment Visits.
All dogs must participate in an assessment visit prior to attending Camp.
Assessment Visits are 3 hours in length. This gives us the opportunity to get to know your dog and observe their behaviour in a controlled setting, while giving your dog time to become familiar with us. It's also important for us to see how your dog responds in your absence.
Depending on how they do during their assessment, a trial overnight stay may be required for some dogs.
FEAR FREE NAIL TRIMS
Having your dog's nails trimmed regularly is important for several reasons. Nails that are too long can:
We will work with your dog to ensure nail trims are a happy, pain free experience. This takes time, patience, confidence, the proper tools, and lots of positive reinforcement.
We are no longer offering this service to new clients.
Daycamp runs from 8am-5pm Monday - Thursday and is closed on statutory holidays.
SLEEP AWAY CAMP
We are at capacity and not taking names at this time. If you are already on our waiting list, we will be in touch when we resume our Tour and Assessment Visits.
All dogs must participate in an Assessment Visit prior to their first stay.
If your dog will be boarding with us and has not attended daycamp, a trial night may be required. Dogs staying in our home must be cat friendly.
IN OUR HOME
PARTIAL BOARDING DAYS
No pick up or drop off on Saturdays, Christmas Day or New Year's Day - no exceptions.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATIONS
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required when booking overnight care. The balance is due within 5 days of pick up.
Daycamp invoices are sent out via email at the end of each calendar month.
We accept payment in cash or via e-transfer.
No shows and cancellations made fewer than 24 hours in advance
will be charged our full rate. If you need to cancel your dog's reservation we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can accommodate other clients.
SLEEPAWAY CAMP CANCELLATIONS
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required to hold all overnight reservations. The balance of payment is due within 5 days of your return.
Changes that shorten your dog's stay and are made fewer than 7 days in advance, will be invoiced according to the original reservation. If you need to cancel your dog's reservation we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can accommodate other clients.